Enter the 2022 Design-a-Library Card contest! We are looking for new library card designs that are suitable for all ages. We’d also like a new library card design for babies and young children, ages 0-5, who are getting their first library card. Do you think you have what it takes to design library cards suitable for our 30th year in service? Read the contest rules below and send us your designs. The contest runs April 25, 2022-Aug. 20, 2022.
- Create your own original library card design. Design must include the library’s full name, Clinton-Macomb Public Library, somewhere in the design.
- Use any medium you would like, but photography and digital art is encouraged. Please be sure that any handwriting is legible and the design is dark enough to be reproduced easily. No erase marks may be visible. Colorful designs are best. Do not use copyrighted characters such as Garfield or Disney.
- Winning artists will be asked to provide a digital original of the artwork if it is available.
- The size of the library card is 3.375” wide x 2.125” tall. The size of the key fob library card is 2.5” wide by .875” tall. Both sizes are required to enter. Your designs must conform to the sizes above. Square designs cannot be accepted.
- Winning designs will be printed and distributed in the library.
- Individuals may submit no more than three entries
- All entries must be received by 6 p.m. on Sat., Aug. 20 at 6 p.m.
- All ages may enter.