From September to April, Clinton-Macomb Public Library offers computer tutoring classes for those who need more assistance. If you, or someone you know, would like to learn more about the computer, these classes are a great introduction to technology.
Computer classes have limited availability and are popular. If you cannot attended the class you’ve registered for, please call us as soon as possible.
WE CANNOT GUARANTEE RESCHEDULING FOR NO-SHOWS.
The Main Library offers small group classes. Registration opens two weeks in advance to those with a valid library card.
Main Library Classes and Descriptions
Visit the Events page to see the dates and times of the classes offered and to register to attend. You may also call (586) 226-5040 to register.
- Computer classes flyer
- Computer Basics: Designed to introduce the student to the components and basic functions of a computer.
- Internet Basics: This class will explore different ways of finding information on the World Wide Web.
- Files and Folders: Explains the hierarchy of the file structure and how to manipulate files and folders.
- Microsoft Word: This class will cover the basic functions of creating a document, editing and saving it using Word 2016.
- Microsoft Excel: Using Excel 2016, this class will cover creating a spreadsheet and doing simple mathematical calculations.
- Staying Safe Online: Learn how to be safe online with accounts and passwords, and avoid frauds and scams.
- Mobile Device Basics classes for iOS and Android Devices: Learn features and functions of an iOS (Apple) or Android tablet and mobile devices. Tablets will be provided and you are welcome to bring your own device if you have one.
South Branch Tech Help
A Tech Assistant is available at the South Branch every WEDNESDAY FROM 10 A.M.-2 P.M. He will assist you with computer, tablet or cell phone questions.
Self-Study Computer Learning Resources
Do you need help with email, social media, or even personal finance? Click on one of these resources for a variety of self-paced tutorials.