Library Book Discussions
- COMPUTER CLASSES
CMPL offers a variety of computer classes that may be beneficial for seniors. Get more information about the classes offered at the Main Library here.
- LIBRARY BY MAIL
CMPL’s Library by Mail service allows patrons residing in the CMPL service area but are unable to visit the library in person, to receive library materials by mail. Register for this service here.
- ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY
You can check out various magnifiers (over 50) to see which ones work best for you. We also have an adaptive technology collection available for those with vision issues. A variety of magnifiers are also available for check out at the North and South Branches. Other assistive technology, such as computers, can be found in our Library for the Blind.
- SENIOR OUTREACH
Do you have a senior group that cannot get to the library? We may be able to send a librarian to your organization to provide information about the library. Please call Meghan at (586) 226-5055.
In spring CMPL will once again partner with Tomlinson Arboretum committee members to create a Poetry Walk in the Arboretum. This year we’d like to display your poem in the park!
- Poems should address the theme of trees or nature in general.
- Each line of the poem should be less than 40 characters and the poem must fit on an 8x14 in page at 18 pt. font.
- Each submission should include a cover sheet with the writer’s name, grade, school, phone number, and the title of the poem. Please do not include your name on the poem itself.
- Entries must be typed.
- Entries can be turned into any branch of the library or emailed in a Word Doc or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Poetry Contest 2024 Last Name.
- The winner in each category will have their poem posted in the Tomlinson Arboretum as part of the 2024 Poetry Walk and will receive a Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- One poem will be selected from each of the following categories: Elementary School, Middle School, High School, and Adult.
- Previous years’ winners may not win again.
- Poets should live or attend school in Macomb County.
Local Author Collection
LITERACY RESOURCES AND LANGUAGE COLLECTION
Learning English can be difficult. The Main Library hosts ESL Conversation class on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. For more details click here or call 586-226-5040. Do you, or a friend or family member, still need more help? Click here for a brochure of literacy resources in the area.
Now is a great time to start learning a new language. We provide a free resource to learn how to speak 80+ languages – try it online or download the app. Alternatively, we offer assistance to non-native English speakers who may want to explore our international language collection or browse our ESL collection.
INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE COLLECTION
All locations have Seed Libraries available! Seed Libraries are located on the Popular Materials desk at the Main Library, in the Creative Commons at the North Branch, and by the video games at the South Branch. Seeds are available while supplies last or until fall.
FAN ART CONTEST 2024
If you are dropping off a piece of art, please complete this form and bring it with you. If your art can be submitted digitally, please complete the online form: