We’re reopen! Because we must comply with numerous state law and other health requirements to remain open and to provide a safe work environment. This is what you can expect when you visit CMPL. Click here to see what you can expect when you visit.
At this time, there are a variety of online resources that you and your family can take advantage of through CMPL. Here are some of the most useful, entertaining and interesting:
For children and students:
- BookFlix: early literacy resources that pairs an eBook with a story
- PebbleGo: informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy for grades K-3
- Tutor.com: online homework help with live tutors. Includes test prep, term paper and resume review
- CMPLTV: see early literacy videos, books recommendations, digital services information and more
For teens and adults:
Creativebug: Now is the time to craft, to bake, to paint, to create. Our librarians just added this database to keep you entertained and creating. View video tutorials on various crafting topics.
Ancestry (Library Edition): We’ve got great news for you! The folks at Ancestry have given residents of our service area access to their website from home until the end of 2020!
- American Library Association’s collection of short how-to videos on different tech platforms.
- GCF learnfree.org: Links and tutorials to a wide variety of digital topics for all skill levels
- Techboomers: Videos and articles for older adults and other inexperienced internet users
- Storyline Online: Celebrities like Betty White, Kristin Bell and more read children’s stories
- Detroit Institute of Arts: The DIA has four online exhibits to explore
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems:Learn to draw with children’s author Mo Willems
- Visit the Louvre: Experience virtual tours of the French art museum
- Visit the Sistine Chapel: Experience the majesty from your living room
- Visit the Guggenheim: Tour the architecture and galleries of the museum
SCIENCE AND NATURE
- Cincinnati Zoo: Watch Home Safari at 3pm weekdays on the zoo’s Facebook page
- Go on a Virtual Fieldtrip!: Live webcams yield fascinating views of the natural world.
- Great Wall of China: Take the virtual tour of the Great Wall of China
- National Aquarium: See what the fish are up to in Baltimore
- National Museum of Natural History: Visit current and past exhibits at the museum
- San Diego Zoo: Watch live streams of exhibits at the San Diego Zoo
- Yellowstone National Park: Get “outside” and explore Yellowstone
- Visit Yosemite: Get “outside” and explore virtual Yosemite National Park
- Discover baby animals from the nation’s zoos and aquariums!: This children’s book publisher features adorable newborn news.
FINDING PEACE AND PAUSE
- Metroparks: Get some fresh air! Area Metroparks offering free admittance on select days of the week.
- Insight Timer: Shift your focus! Insight Timer offers some free content for guided relaxation, meditation, sleep, and stress relief.
- Find the good!
- CARE of Southeast Michigan: Free opportunities for families, kids, teens and tweens to break isolation, get activity ideas, and find support
- CMPL’s COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
- Bridge Michigan
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Coronavirus Worldwide
- Macomb County Coronavirus
- Macomb County Health Department Helpline
- Managing Stress and Anxiety Helplines
- Michigan 2-1-1 Assistance
- Michigan Coronavirus
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with Coronavirus
- President’s Guidelines
- Sesame Street in Communities: Talking to your child about COVID-19 and activities you can do together.