From September to April, Clinton-Macomb Public Library offers computer tutoring classes for those who need more assistance. If you, or someone you know, would like to learn more about the computer, these classes are a great introduction to technology.
Computer classes have limited availability and are popular. If you cannot attended the class you’ve registered for, please call us as soon as possible.
We cannot guarantee rescheduling for no-shows.
The Main Library offers small group classes. Registration is available to residents living in the Clinton-Macomb Public Library service area with a valid library card.
Main Library Classes and Descriptions
Visit the Events page to see the dates and times of the classes offered and to register to attend. You may also call (586) 226-5040 to register.
- Computer Basics: Designed to introduce the student to the components and basic functions of a computer.
- Internet Basics: This class will explore different ways of finding information on the World Wide Web.
- Files and Folders: Explains the hierarchy of the file structure and how to manipulate files and folders.
- Microsoft Word: This class will cover the basic functions of creating a document, editing and saving it using Word 2016.
- Microsoft Excel: Using Excel 2016, this class will cover creating a spreadsheet and doing simple mathematical calculations.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Learn how to create a graphical presentation using words, color and art.
- Google Docs:This class will help you to learn how to create, edit, store, share and access files for free on the go. All you need is a Gmail account and Internet connection, no additional software is required.
Please note that class availability changes during summer months.
Registration requires a Clinton-Macomb library card in good standing.
North Branch Tech Help
A Tech Assistant is available at the North Branch every Monday from 1-3 p.m. starting in October 2021. He will assist you with computer, tablet or cell phone questions. Please call (586) 226-5083 to ensure that the tutor will be available prior to coming to the North Branch.
South Branch Tech Help
A Tech Assistant is available at the South Branch every Wednesday from 10 a.m.-
2 p.m. starting in September 2021. He will assist you with computer, tablet or cell phone questions.