From September to May, Clinton-Macomb Public Library offers computer tutoring classes for those who need more assistance. If you, or someone you know, would like to learn more about the computer, these classes are a great introduction to technology.
Computer classes have limited availability and are popular. If you cannot attended the class you’ve registered for, please call us as soon as possible.
We cannot guarantee rescheduling for no-shows.
The Main Library offers small group classes. Registration is available to residents living in the Clinton-Macomb Public Library service area with a valid library card.
Main Library Classes and Descriptions
- Computer Basics: Designed to introduce the student to the components and basic functions of a computer.
- Internet Basics: This class will explore different ways of finding information on the World Wide Web.
- Microsoft Word: This class will cover the basic functions of creating a document, editing and saving it using Word 2016.
- Microsoft Excel: Using Excel 2016, this class will cover creating a spreadsheet and doing simple mathematical calculations.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Learn how to create a graphical presentation using words, color and art.
Please note that class availability changes during summer months.
Registration requires a Clinton-Macomb library card in good standing. Different classes are offered on specific days. Please call for the schedule of classes and to register. Call (586) 226-5040 to reserve your spot.
Main Library Tech Help
|Mondays||Tuesdays||Saturday & Sunday|
|2:15-7:15 p.m.||3-8 p.m.||alternating days (call 226-5040 to confirm)|
North Branch Tech Help
A Tech Assistant is available at the North Branch every Tuesday from 1-3 p.m. He will assist you with computer, tablet or cell phone questions. Please call (586) 226-5083 to ensure that the tutor will be available prior to coming to the North Branch.
South Branch Tech Help
The South Branch doesn’t offer computer classes, but Tech Assistants are available.
South Branch Tech Assistant Hours are as follows:
|Mondays||Tuesdays||Thursdays||Friday & Saturday|
|1-4 p.m.||1-4 p.m.||5:30-9 p.m.||1-6 p.m.|