The Friends of CMPL is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to improving library services through underwriting programs and special projects. They are currently raising funds through on-going book sales, Amazon online sales, and an annual Fall Quality Book/AV sale.
The Friends group is led by a board of directors, and meets on the second Tuesday of most months at 2 p.m. at the Main Library (attending meetings is optional).
Book Sale Information
If you are searching for used books, CD’s, DVD’s, audio books, and puzzles to purchase, visit the on-going sale in the lobby of the Main Library and the shelves at the South Branch. Books are available at the North Branch. These sales are available to the public year-round during normal library hours. See the Friends Used Book Sales tab for details.
The Friends group also raises funding for the libraries through their online Amazon store front, where approximately a thousand new and gently-used books, CDs, and DVDs are available for sale. Visit the Amazon Shop for a great deal.
Help the Friends of the Library raise funds by donating your unwanted items. Book donations are being accepted at all locations. Please be aware of the following:
- Please limit your donations to two boxes or bags at the North Branch or at the South Branch. For larger donations, the Main Library accepts up to ten boxes or bags.
- Drop off your donations between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (except holidays). Please deliver large donations to the loading dock at the rear of the Main Library.
- Please do not donate heavily worn, torn, soiled, or moldy items, or items with odors such as musty, moth balls, smoky, or heavily-perfumed books.
- We do not accept: VHS or audio cassettes, encyclopedias, dictionaries, National Geographic or any other magazines, or puzzles or games with missing pieces.
Thank you for your donations.
The Friends of the Library has been very generous in funding materials of cultural value for the Clinton-Macomb Public Library. Their total monetary pledge to the libraries through 2022 amounts to over $1,000,000! The Friends sponsor:
- Children through Adult Programs
- Summer & Winter Reading
- Cultural Events such as Concerts, Speakers, and Movies
- Free subscription to the BookPage
- Sculpture in front of the Main Library
- Glass ceiling sculptures at the South Branch
- Terrazzo compass at the North Branch
- Train in the Children’s Department at the Main Library
Join the Friends!
Complete the Friends Membership Application below and submit it as indicated:
(Click link to view in your web browser, or save to your digital device for viewing/printing in a separate PDF application such as the free Adobe Reader.)