Story time sessions run throughout the year. The next session runs the week of Nov. 5 through the week of Dec. 3 at the branches only. See below for information on Main Library story time events. Registration for residents begins 2 weeks before the start date, but only 1 week ahead for nonresidents. Registration is required.
- Baby Time on Mondays at 9:30 a.m.
- Tot Time Plus on Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
- Little Listeners on Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
- Tot Time on Tuesdays at 11 a.m.
- Family Story Time on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Little Listeners on Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.
- Preschoolers on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
Call (586) 226-5030 to register.
- Tot Time Plus on Tuesdays at 9:15 a.m. (12-30 months)
- Little Listeners Plus on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. (2 years +)
- Little Listeners Plus on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. (2 years +)
Call (586) 226-5073 to register.
Baby Time (0-11 months)
Stories, songs, bounces and rhymes designed for infants not yet walking & parents/caregivers to participate in together. (20 minutes plus play time)
Tot Time (12-23 months)
For babies who are walking books, rhymes, music and more. (20 minutes plus play time)
Tot Time Plus (12-30 months)
For babies and young twos who are walking books, rhymes, music and more. (20 minutes plus play time)
Little Listeners (2-3 years)
Longer stories told with books, puppets, and flannel board, action rhymes and songs. (30 minutes)
Little Listeners Plus (2 and up)
Longer stories told with books, puppets, and flannel board, action rhymes and songs. The South Branch sessions feature a craft activity. (30 minutes)
Preschool (3-6 years, not in Kindergarten)
On-my-own story time with longer stories and songs told with books, flannel boards, puppets and other props for children who are not yet in kindergarten. Adults are welcome but not required to attend. (30 minutes)
*Preschool story time includes a craft activity, but only at the North and South Branch Libraries
Pajamarama (all ages)
Children are invited to wear their jammies for bedtime stories, songs, flannel boards and more during this evening family story time. (30 minutes)
Music & Movement (2-4 years)
Fun-filled program with action songs, stories, movement activities and dancing. (30 minutes)